Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Horizons Off and Running Every Sunday at 4pm

Horizons is off and running with weekly services every Sunday night. We had a great time together I spoke about nothing being impossible with God as long as there is unity. Our text was Genesis 11:1-9. And Horizons Kids was a smash hit. Lina Ruvolo did an incredible job. And she said, "I'd rather be down here with the kids, no offense to you guys!" We're proud of you Lina! You are a valuable part of the team!

We have some other big news on the "Horizon". Our launch location may be opening up to us sooner than we thought. That would allow us to meet at our convenience, and solidify our launch location earlier than planned, that way no one can steal it from us. When God opens a door no man can shut it or take it from us! That would mean that we would also change not only the place but the time too. If all goes well it would be as early as March 1. But we may not have to change after this one till we add multiple services!

I talked to my pastor from Bay City the other day. I learned many things in my 10 years there. One thing that he always said that stuck with me, "It's relationship, not ministry". I believe that ministry partners should be just that, life partners, friends, best of friends. When that type of relationship exists humility, accountability, and excellence can develop from both sides of the relationship. Develop close friends, life is that much better! Stay tuned for more.

No comments: