Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Merry Christmas!!!

Mat 1:21 And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.

That is the crucial element of the gospel. It is Great News. He would save me from myself. No longer would my own sins, mistakes, shortcomings, and pitfalls come back to haunt me. I have been saved from that.

About 2000 years ago we find Angel's beginning to preach the age old story that Jesus was soon to come on the scene and save people from their sins. Jude says that these things Angels desire to look into. Prophets of old were seeing into the destiny of the Church as they foretold of a Savior to come. And now in context of Matthew 1:21 it seemed the fate of the world was in the belly of a 14 year old virgin. Hebrews 10:5 says, "a body you have prepared me." Psalms 139 is clear about the formation of our natural and spiritual development.

The Good News is clear. He saved us from our sins and in response to His love we have responsibility to do the same. He saved you so go save others with His love. This is Christmas time. He came to give. Freely you have received, freely give!!! God Bless You.

No comments: