Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Possess the Land: Releasing the Hurts

Series: Possess the Land
Sermon: Releasing Hurts
7-18-10
Intro
 Christians are being tormented by the enemy because of unforgiveness
 Unforgiveness gives the enemy legal claim to come in and oppress and torment you
 Bitterness, the result of unforgiveness, is the seed bed of every evil work
 Satan respects no Christian that walks in unforgiveness
Obj
Release and you shall be released
Luke 6:37 (New Living Translation)37 “Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you. Forgive others, and you will be forgiven.
Forgiveness is the key to releasing bitterness
Matthew 18:23-35 (New Living Translation)
Forgiveness
1. Apoluo
 To set free, to liberate on from a thing
 Ex: Luke 13:12, woman thou art loosed from your infirmity
 To Let go, to release a captive
 Ex: gospel: come work for me, grow in your influence, steal from me and stab me in the back, leave me, forgiveness says-come work for me again
 To let go, send away, cancel remit pardon
 You are being the most like God when you are hurt, but forgive, release and pardon
Forgiveness releases the hurts of the past
1. the one who carries the hurt is bound to the past
 Unable to live in the present
 Bitterness of the past flows into present relationships
2. the one who carries hurt is bound to people of the past
 You can retain another in his sin through unforgiveness
 John 20:22-23 (New Living Translation)
22 Then he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive anyone’s sins, they are forgiven. If you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.”
 By retaining another’s sin you become like them
 Forgive and be like God; retain and become like the one who hurt you
 Unforgiveness is not changed by time, only worse.
3. The one who carries hurt is tormented
 Matt 18:32 called a wicked servant
 Our attitude toward others must be forgiveness
 Prayers of deliverance comes after forgiveness, Mat 6:13 deliver us from evil.
4. Forgiveness releases God
Forgiveness releases God’s forgiveness for you
Matt 6:14-15 KJV
Mark 11:23-26 KJV
Redemption is co-extensive with forgiveness
Ephesians 1:7 (New Living Translation)
7 He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins.
Forgiveness releases God’s forgiveness for others
 Mat 18:18 whatever you loose on Earth…
 The prayer of agreement
 Matt 18:19-20 KJV
Forgiveness releases God’s healing in you.
 Some need to forgive themselves, and others need to release God
 You have blamed God for your mess.
 Forgiveness is an act of the will
 You choose to forgive
 The feeling will come later
 As you release the person, God releases the hurt and healing takes place
Jesus came to heal the broken hearted, preach deliverance to the captives and to set at liberty them that are bruised.
Conclusion
Be like God and forgive
List the relationships that were bad
Analyze to find the reason
Deal with each relationship and release the person by forgiveness
You may need to ask forgiveness from the person for your unforgiving attitude
With each person what do you need to forgive

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord! My husband and I are currently experiencing some rough waves in our marriage.A continuous theme that keeps coming to mind is seedbeds and unforgiveness. It took me back to a spiritual warfare study I did a year or so ago. Then my husband became upset enough to actually speak his mind and reveal to me all I had ever done wrong in this five year marriage. I sat hurt and separated room and began to discuss possible divorce. In the midst God instructed me to SIT and STAY. So I did (sadly). I then began to get into the word and still the unforgiveness title kept coming up. As my eyes were opened I am able to see that my husband has never forgiven me of all the hurt. As he has carried this hurt, pain, anger and unforgiveness all this time it has been growing and allowing roots a great place to grow. Three years later he's being eaten from the inside out and has not a clue what to do. He carried unidentified pride and will not ask for forgiveness and I think he finde it had to offer it also. He saids that his heart is broken into millions of pieces and he doesnt know what to do. but I know God can mend hearts and marriages, so pray that I have the strength to verbalize what I have written and has once again been confirmed in my spirit. Thank you so much for a great message